Taking care of a loved one with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia can be very challenging for the patient, their caregiver, and their loved ones.
One of the things families face difficulty with when caring for a senior with dementia is memory. You see, this type of brain disease eventually affects a person’s cognitive and memory abilities.
But don’t lose hope. Angels Home Care Providers has a few tips that you can use to help your loved ones remember things in their everyday life:
- Use familiar songs, photos, colors, and other meaningful things to trigger positive memories from the past.
- Write down your loved one’s daily activities in a journal or calendar for them to read.
- Establish clear routines that your loved one can follow throughout the day
- Take advantage of technology. Set alarms or install reminder apps on your loved one’s tablet or smartphone to help them with specific tasks.
- Use sticky notes and stick them in various parts of your loved one’s homes to remind them of their daily tasks such as taking medicine at a certain time or taking a bath.
As a bonus tip, we also suggest that you invest in reliable Home Health Care in California so your loved ones will have the assistance they need for personal care, medication management, and other household activities.
We hope the tips we provided help you out. If you’re ever on the lookout for Home Care in Long Beach, California, give us a call. We’re always happy to help. Dial 951-563-0200 to get in touch.